The construction industry in India has truly propelled the nation towards growth. Today, one can envision travelling to or living in any part of the country. This is possible because every corner of the nation has developed easy access to facilities. From ease of transportation via well-connected highways, railways to the availability of essentials – we have access to everything we need. This is all made possible with the development of infrastructure.
Specifically, the rise of the iron and steel industry has made this development cheaper, faster, and more reliable. This is because India has an abundance of raw materials, especially iron ore and cost-effective labour. It is this resource that has made India, the second-largest producer of steel in 2021. This production will further increase by 18% in 2022. Another reason for this growth is because of the development of state-of-the-art mills across the country. This leads to
the high-quality production of steel. This steel is then used to make of the most popular raw materials in the construction industry – TMT Bars. TMT Bars or Thermo Mechanically Treated Bars are reinforcement bars. Importance of TMT Bars
● These are used for reinforcing concrete structures, which further enhance the strength of concrete.
● These bars are known for their high strength and immense flexibility.
● TMT bars are preferred in comparison to normal steel bars because they have offer strength and flexibility. This is a unique trait and one that is highly valued in the world of construction.
● TMT bars also safeguard structures from earthquakes, floods, and other natural
disasters. Their ability to offer protection to buildings makes them an indispensable part of construction today.
● The top TMT bars in India all have these qualities and are widely used for a wide range of construction activities. These include dams, power plants, industrial units, factories, bridges, residential and commercial complexes, to name a few.
Let’s look at the importance of TMT bars in construction
● TMT bars have a low carbon content, which makes them easier to be used for welding joints. Not only are top TMT bars in India easily weldable, but they also can be bent and re-bent easily.
● As opposed to normal steel bars, top-quality TMT bars offer a wide range of color flexibility, texture, and shape. Along with this comes a unique combination of strength, durability, and flexibility. This flexibility particularly is what makes it easy to create arches, domes, and facades – allowing builders to execute more innovative architectural styles.
● Top TMT bars in India have high mobility, meaning they are easy to carry and
transport. TMT bars are also lightweight, so they can be assembled with ease. Also, their anti-corrosive property ensures that TMT bars can be transported and used across seasons without the fear of corrosion.
● Another plus with the use of top TMT bars in India is they reduce the average time taken for construction. This is attributed to their ability to be quickly altered depending on the need.
● When you purchase from the top TMT brands in India, you will get TMT bars that have high-load bearing capacity. These bars are manufactured in a way that their surface is free of irregularities. Durability, stability, and reinforcement are other facets that are delivered by the top TMT bar manufacturers in India. These 3 core characteristics improve the structural foundation of the building and improve its longevity.
● Steel is 99% recyclable. This means that when TMT structures are demolished, the residues can be recycled without losing essential properties. Also, TMT bars need a lesser amount of steel than regular bars.
With so many benefits, we are sure you want to invest in nothing but India’s top TMT bar in India.
List Of Top 7 TMT Bar Brands in India
SRMB Steel – A trusted name in the world of steel production is SRMB steel. The brand is BIS accredited bars that have superior bendability. Their after-sales service has also received high reviews for their prompt responses. The brand was established in Kolkata in 1951 and since then has designed top-quality TMT bars in India. They have a production capacity of 0.5 million MT/year. They are one of the top TMT bar manufacturers in India. Their TMT bars offer WinGrip technology, which has angled ribs that improve bonding with concrete. Along with
this SRMB Steels offers superior quality TMT bars that have low chemical composition.
Sree Metaliks – Last but not least, by any measure on our list is Sree Metaliks Limited’s TMT bars. These bars are produced with advanced technology and under the guidance of experts. Sree Metaliks Limited believes in producing high-quality and highly ductile TMT bars that offer the best protection for structures irrespective of their scale. Considered as one of the top TMT bar brands in India, Sree Metaliks has offered anti-corrosive and highly flexible TMT bars to
customers since 1995. It takes a lot of effort and expertise to be touted as one of the top TMT bar manufacturers in India, but Sree Metaliks Limited has achieved this.
Kamadhenu Steels – The TMT bars produced by Kamadhenu Steels are manufactured keeping in mind best practices. This ensures that TMT bars are produced with optimal strength. The bars are then used in the construction of hydropower plants, high-rise buildings, underground platforms, metros, railways, and more. The brand uses state-of-the-art technology to produce top-quality TMT bars in India. These bars have high thermal resistance and high malleability.
Thus making them ideal for use in the construction of earthquake-resistant buildings.
Mesco Steel – Incorporated in 1992, Mesco Steel has produced some of top TMT bars in India. The brand has secured the Roida Iron ore mining belt in Odisha and is now successfully producing some of the highest and top TMT bars in India. Mesco is also one of the few companies to have a collaboration with Sino Steel in China. They are constantly working on improving the quality of their TMT bars and supply top TMT bars in India to their customers.
SAIL Steel – The Steel Authority of India is recognized steel-making company in India. Their steel is produced across 5 integrated plants and 3 steel plants. All these plants are located close to the coal belt in India and have easy access to raw materials. The brand offers 5 grades of TMT bars. A grade in the TMT bar denotes where that particular TMT bar can be best used.
The TMT bars offered by SAIL Steel are anti-corrosive, have high strength, and have excellent bendability. The brand offers top-quality TMT bars in India, which are suited for use in earthquake-prone and flood-prone regions. Its excellent tensile strength along with high elongation are properties that make these bars from SAIL some of the top-quality TMT bars in India.
Jindal Steels is a name that is popular across the country. Considered to be one of the top TMT bar brands in India, Jindal Steel is known for offering a large variety of high-quality steel products. Among these is their range of TMT bars. These bars are known for their strength, cost-effective elements and are highly used in load heavy projects. These TMT bars are easy to carry and assemble, thus saving time and resources. The brand is committed to producing TMT
bars that create a better world of development and infrastructure.
TATA Tiscon – The original steel conglomerate – TATA produces some of the top-quality TMT bars in India. Their TMT bars, known as Tata Tiscon 550 SD are perfect for construction. These bars are certified as GreenPro and are manufactured with the adoption of state-of-the-art technology. These bars are made with pure iron and steel, thus have minimal impurities that improve their elongation. An improved load-bearing capacity compared with anti-corrosive and shock-resistant properties makes these the top TMT bars in India.
These are some of the top bar brands in India, and we hope this exhaustive list will help you make an informed decision for your next construction project. Remember, it’s essential to choose the right TMT bar that has passed testing and licensing protocols. Each bar is assigned a grade, so it’s important to keep in mind all these before making your choice. So select the best to build a project that will carry ahead your brand’s legacy.