If you are curious about the construction process or have begun construction on your dream home or office space, then you must have come across TMT (Thermo Mechanically Treated) bars, more commonly known as ‘Sariya’.
Manufactured using a heating and cooling process that produces a tough exterior and a soft interior, ensuring strength, durability and flexibility.
Most commonly used in airports, stadiums, dams, bridges, highways, power plants, flyovers, high-rise construction, and residential projects, TMT bars come in different grades that signify quality and have uses across multiple industries.
Considering how important TMT bars are to development projects, we bring you a guide to buying the best TMT bars in India. So, on your next purchase, look if the TMT bar company offers the following:
- Manufacturing Guidelines – While buying TMT bars, pay close attention to the manufacturing process. The best Indian TMT bars are made from using iron ore and not metal scrap. Secondly, the use of iron ore necessitates a process called Ladle Refining Furnace (LRF) – which removes impurities such as sulphur and phosphorus. These impurities, if not removed, reduce the strength and flexibility of TMT bars
- Corrosivity – This is an integral factor to look for while buying top TMT bars in India. We all know rusting can corrode metal and strip it of its strength and durability. The same principle holds for TMT bars. So, pick a TMT bar that has anti-corrosive properties and is CRS grade or epoxy coated. This is especially important if you are constructing in an area prone to floods or heavy rainfalls.
- Grades – Like foods have markers for quality, so do top TMT bars in India. Each grade signifies a set of properties that make these bars ideal for different types of construction. Based on your need, understand the TMT grade most beneficial to you. For example, you should opt for a higher grade, especially if you are constructing in a seismic zone.
- Testing – TMT bars are used in construction, and so their quality should leave no room for negligence. When purchasing a TMT bar opt for a brand that has a testing facility and an advanced laboratory. These testing steps ensure the TMT bar is of the highest quality and safe to use for construction without posing any risks.
- Certification – TMT bars go through rigorous testing and certification processes post-manufacturing. These certifications, classified as BIS and MIS, are granted to TMT bars that match quality parameters. Purchasing a certified TMT bar from a reputed TMT bar company that complies with these certifications, will reassure you of its strength and longevity.
With these guidelines in mind, you can make an informed decision on buying the best TMT bars in India. We urge you to make sure all quality checks are done before you make the investment. Wrong or sub-par TMT bars will lead to long-term concerns and hazards. To avoid such risks purchase top quality TMT bars from the best TMT bar company – Sree Metaliks