TMT rods are woven throughout most modern structures, including the homes we live in, the workplaces where we spend our days, and the bridges and flyovers. So it wouldn’t be a brag to declare that TMT rods are the foundation of our daily lives.
What does the abbreviation TMT mean?
“Thermo Mechanical Treatment” is what “TMT” stands for. TMT rod is made by quenching and tempering, which lets the outside cool down much faster than the inside. It creates a temperature gradient from the centre of the bar to the edge.
It makes the outer surface more rigid and martensitic while the inner core cools slowly and stays soft. This process makes the TMT rod more robust, accessible to weld, and more resistant to stress.
TMT rod is widely used in the building industry. Materials like iron ore, coal, and dolomite produce the TMT iron rod.
How TMT rods are manufactured
- The primary step in producing TMT rods involves passing the steel wires through a rolling mill stand.
- The cooling water system is routed through the rolled steel wires.
- The abrupt quenching and significant temperature change make the TMT steel bar‘s outer layer harder, enhancing its durability.
- The TMT rods are then exposed to air cooling when this process is complete.
- The TMT rod has exceptional tensile strength and elongation point because the inner core remains soft. The flexibility of the bars is improved by this design, which is unique to TMT rods.
How do you know what the numbers on TMT rods mean?
There are different production grades, such as Fe-450, 500D, etc. The number in these grades shows the yield stress. Higher-grade TMT rods are more robust, so they are used to build big things like roofs. Lower-grade TMT rods make something like balconies, fences, etc.
What are the different kinds of TMT rods?
Fe-415:- This grade of TMT rod is best suited for use in residential construction and houses. Because of their extended length, they are particularly well-suited for use in constructing structures in regions prone to earthquakes.
Fe-500:-This grade of TMT rod is perfect for use in the construction of houses and other residential buildings. Due to the anti-resistance coating applied to these bar grades, they are resistant to rust and corrosion.
Fe-550: Because they are of a somewhat higher quality than the Fe-500 grade, these are utilised for construction projects that are considerably more difficult.
Fe-600: Fe-600 is a type of TMT grade that is frequently utilised in heavy industrial construction because of the requirement for the structure to be exceptionally robust and sturdy.
What are the benefits of using a TMT Rod?
Quake-proof: Structures composed of TMT iron rods have more flexibility to withstand dynamic and seismic loading thanks to the high degree of flexibility supplied by the soft core of the TMT rods.
Solid and flexible: The extraordinary strength of the bars makes them an ideal material to combine with concrete to reinforce structures.
Higher heat resistance: Due to their high thermal stability, TMT rods can withstand temperatures between 400 and 600 degrees Celsius, ensuring the structural integrity of the structure even in a fire.
Corrosion-resistant: The TMT manufacturing process gives the bars anti-rust properties.
Cost-efficient: It reduces raw materials’ price and storage and transportation costs.
What is the TMT rod weight?
TMT rods are an essential component that is required for the construction of buildings. When purchasing TMT iron rods, the diameter criteria you have will determine which bar you purchase. While the length is typically consistent, the diameter is not always the same. The most common diameters for TMT iron bars are 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, and 32 millimetres.
Specification for an 8 mm TMT rod weight
- The weight of a single TMT bar measuring 8 millimetres is 4.6 kg.
- Ten rods come together to form a bundle, which tips the scales at between 45 and 46 kg.
- A tonne is approximately equal to 22 bundles.
Specifications for a 10 mm TMT rod weight
- The weight of a single rod of 10 millimetre TMT bar is 7.1 kg.
- Each bundle consists of seven rods and weighs between 49 and 50 kilogrammes.
- There are 20 bundles in a tonne.
Specifications for a 12 mm TMT rod weight
- The weight of a single rod of 12 mm TMT bar is 10.4 kg.
- One bundle consists of five rods and weighs between 51 and 52 kilogrammes.
- There are 20 bundles in a tonne.
Specifications for a 16 mm TMT rod weight
- The weight of a single 16 mm TMT rod weight is 18.3 kg.
- One bundle consists of three rods and weighs between 54 and 56 kilogrammes.
- There are 18 bundles in a tonne.
Specifications for a 20 mm TMT rod weight
- The weight of a single rod of 20 mm TMT bar is 30 kg.
- One bundle consists of two rods and weighs between 58 and 60 kg.
- There are 17 bundles in a tonne.
Specifications for a 25 mm TMT rod weight
- The weight of a single 25 mm TMT bar is between 44 and 48 kg.
- One bundle only contains one rod.
- One tonne would be divided into 22 bundles.
Get the best TMT rods by Sree Metaliks Limited (SML)
Are you trying to choose the best TMT rod for your building project? The most excellent premium TMT rods in India can be found at SML. They have a vast selection of perfect TMT iron rods that are great for building. Since 1995, SML has been acknowledged as a trailblazing business that makes India’s best TMT rods.
The TMT iron rods produced and marketed by Sree Metaliks Limited are of a better grade. They have undergone thermo-mechanical treatment for increased tensile strength and durability.
The TMT rods can endure physical harm, corrosion, and chemical reactions for extended periods because of the Thermax manufacturing process. In addition to the best TMT rods at competitive prices, SML also provides premium pig iron, iron billets, and pellets for construction, among other things.
One thought on “How to Find the Best TMT Rod?”
Fantastic Blog!! Helpful for those who want to study TMT rod weight and the Benefits of TMT Rod.